New start… 

This basket used a start that i had never tried with willow. Four lots of six base sticks crossing over each other. They were actually full six foot rods. A lot of weights were used to hold everything in place.

The groups of base sticks were gradually subdivided into singles and bent up to form the side stakes. I replaced some of the butt ends before finishing the border but now wish I had replaced them all. It would have made the border more even. Instead it looks like a bit of a dogs breakfast!

A good experiment though. Which I hope to repeat.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s